Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bat Run Results

On Friday, July 13th I completed my 5th 5K of the summer. I participated in the Austin Bat Run. It was a non chip timed race, so I dont have my exact finishing time. It was somewhere around 38 miutes of so. Not fabulous, but it was also a very different course for me to run. This was a trail course. I had to run on dirt, sand and grass. I have only run on pavement courses. Running on grass was ok but the sand really worked my legs and slowed me down. It was also a very hot run. It was a run around Town Lake and after you made a loop to come back you were running directly into the sun. I thought at one point I was going to pass out because of being overheated but I was fine. This race made me very happy to finish. I crossed the line and I felt so good. That is because halfway through my mind was just saying, "stop." It was saying, "your tired, your legs hurt, your stomach is cramping, who cares if you dont finish." Well I care and I kept going. I am a very happy finisher of the race.

1 comment:

Malach the Merciless said...

Congrats and keep at it